To check the IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) Type-
Information you get from the IMEI-
XXXXXX XX XXXXXX X
TAC FAC SNR SP
• TAC = Type approval code
• FAC = Final assembly code
• SNR = Serial number
• SP = Spare
To check the phones Software revision type-
Information you get from the Software revision-
To enter the service menu type-
• Serial number (IMEI)
• Production date (MM/YY)
• Purchase date (MM/YY) You can only enter the date once.
• Date of last repair (0000=No repair)
• Transfer user data to another Nokia phone via Infra-Red
To check weather your SIM Card supports clock stopping type-
Revealing the Headphone and Car-Kit menus
Please note that if you do these next tricks, the new menus can't be erased without retoring the factory
default settings. To do these tricks you need to short-circuit the pins on the bottom of the phone next
to where you plug in you charger.
1. To activate the "Headset" menu, you need to short-circuit pins "3" and "4". After a short time the
word "Headset" will be shown in the display. Menu 3-6 is now enabled.
2. To activate the "Car" menu, you need to short-circuit pins "4" and "5". After a short time the word
"Car" will be shown in the display. Menu 3-7 is now enabled.
EFR CALL QUALITY
To activate EFR (Enhanced Full Rate) Enter the code-
This improves call quality but decreases batterylife by about 5%
To deactivate it, Enter the code-
More to come...